Product Developer Knitwear
Description de l'entreprise
GUESS was established in 1981 by the Marciano brothers, who left the south of France in pursuit of the American dream. Inspired by a European influence, the Marciano's redefined denim. One of their initial designs was a stonewashed, slim-fitting jean, the 3-zip Marilyn. Bloomingdale's was the first department store to welcome the brand by ordering two dozen pairs of jeans. They disappeared from the shelves in just hours. This was the beginning of a long success story.
GUESS became a symbol of a young, sexy and adventurous lifestyle. Throughout the decades GUESS invited people to dream with its iconic and timeless advertising campaigns and turned unknown faces into famous models.
Today GUESS is a global lifestyle brand with a full range of apparel and accessories in over 80 countries.
The continued dedication and commitment of our employees is the driving force of GUESS. Our talented professionals focus on leading the company with their vision of success. Join the team at GUESS Europe and bring your vision to life.
Description du poste
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Product Developer Knitwear will be responsible for researching, developing and launching new products for all Guess apparel lines (Guess Jeans and Marciano).
He/she will be responsible for product development and planning throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product requirements, working closely with Design, Sales and Marketing departments and ensuring that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
He/she will also ensure that the product is aligned with the strategy and goals of the business.
CORE JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and manage product process in line with the business goals and objectives.
• Maintain calendar to ensure that all sample deadlines are met
• Source raw materials as needed for Designers and factories
• Create specification sheets for all new products created
• Manage quality control of production and approve and troubleshoot top samples
• Fitting of prototypes
• Check the lab-dip and the art-work of production with sizes developments
• Work with product management team to ensure an efficient process
• Participate in cross-functional teams to execute product development plan
• Work in synergy with design, production, quality control and tech design offices
• Realize and follow-up technical cards with suppliers
• Communicate daily with factories for progress of samples and troubleshoot any product development issues
• Negotiate costs with factories to meet targets and margin goals
• Visit factories and resolve issues as required
• Manage costs and referencing of styles
• Meet locally specialized vendors
• Attend fashion and textile shows
• Provide SKU analysis as needed
• At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the same role and field
• Strong knowledge of womenswear and menswear required
• Must prove to have a clear understanding of the Guess Brand DNA
• Knowledge of and experience using conventional and unconventional fabrics and materials
• Familiarity with vendor management and negotiation
• Must have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all level
• Problem solving and negotiating skills
• Flexible in ever-changing, fast paced environment
• Deadline driven with a track record of delivering excellent results on time
• Extensive computer experience including but not limited to Microsoft: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Model Form, Adobe Illustrator, Enovia, Photoshop etc.
• Fluent English. Any additional language is considered a plus
• Ability to travel to all countries within the designated regions as required