Junior Retail Buyer
Description de l'entreprise
WW Fashion shoes company
Description du poste
The Retail Buyer is responsible for planning and selecting a range of products to sell in our retail stores.
Buyers source new products and review existing items to ensure a proper product mix, balanced inventory flow and proper inventory flow. Buyers must adhere to assigned financial targets and “open to buy” plans, and they must consider critical factors when making purchasing decisions. These factors include customer demands, market trends, product availability, product flow, and pricing strategy. This position works closely with Planning, Allocations, Visual Merchandising, Marketing and Store Managers .
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES :
• Update Bulk inventory for top performing and out of stock product
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of retail math and key metrics to measure and drive assortment planning
• Serve as an expert by using store clusters to build the right assortment for specific categories and geographical locations in support of the category/brand vision
• Efficiently achieve sales and profitability by consistently reviewing and appropriately editing product lines, ensuring there is a balanced SKU assortment in style, pattern, color, and size.
• Liaising with planners to ensure the product offered is right for our customers and supports our business objectives
• Work in tandem with planners, analyzing past sales figures and current trends to anticipate future product needs and devise a merchandise plan
• Buy specific SKU counts and quantities of inventory for each channel type (concept, factory outlet, warehouse outlet) throughout the season
• Ensure proper gender/category balancing in all stores through the use of sales and inventory reports
• Define seasonal, annual, and multi-year strategies to identify future opportunities and trends
• Prepare an accurate forecast of merchandise plans
• Deliver results for each gender/category performance based on strategic goals and budget expectations
• Propose strategic markdowns by gender, category, and channel type
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in buying with a medium to large size retailer
• Must have aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math skills
• Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Superior communication skills; able to communicate persuasively, influentially and responsibly across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
• Excels in team-environments and in building and developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Computer proficiency with advanced knowledge of Excel
• Required travel: 50-70% across Switzerland. Willing to travel also in US and Europe
Fluent English and German
Any other language will be a big plus (italian/French)
We will consider only candidates with strong retail experience.