Junior Product Developer Bike/Runningwear (Fribourg)
Description de l'entreprise
We are UB International, a boutique executive search firm specialized in fashion and luxury goods.
The company was founded in 2013 by Uta Bonacker Regazzoni, who previously was Head of HR in HugoBoss, HR Director Supply Chain Ermenegildo Zegna and VP HR Guess EMEA.
Our HQ is in Lugano near Milano, with branches in Zürich, Zug, Bologna, Antwerpen and London. Our team consists of seven executive consultants, each from management backgrounds within fashion.
We operate on an international scale, working with important global fashion and luxury goods brands.
Description du poste
Our client is an international sporting goods company and they contacted us for support. For the Softgoods team they are seeking a
Junior Product Developer Bike/Runningwear
You will work in a passionate product development team for Bike/Runningwear. In close collaboration with designers, fabric developers and product managers you will manage and execute the product creation and specification process for Bike/Runningwear from the development phase through first prototypes, salesman samples up to bulk production approval. You will work closely with the senior Product Developer, sometimes visit the manufacturers in Asia & Europe. The ideal candidate is a biker, runner, skier and/or snowboarder.
- Support the Senior Product Developer in all aspects of development tasks (e.g. material specifications, colors, sizing, fittings, measurements, packaging, quality standards)
- Create tech packs with accurate technical details & BOM for suppliers
- Evaluate all samples in terms of fit, workmanship, trims and materials
- Organize and lead product fittings
- Execute regular product fittings with athletes and models
- Exchange fabric developments/directions with apparel fabric developers
- Follow-up of timely delivery of samples according to development schedule
- Ensure that all materials as well as prototypes are tested and adhere to quality and safety standards
- Degree in Textile/Garment Engineering
- In-depth knowledge in performance textiles
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in sports apparel industry
- Understanding of patterns and the ability to translate it into different fits
- Knowledge of all aspects related to the production of apparel with strong emphasis on workmanship of functional garment construction and fitting
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills, and strong problem solving skills
- Experience in working with a PDM system, good skills in Microsoft-Office & Adobe Illustrator
- English business fluent & any other language would be a plus
- Willingness to travel
The candidate will work in a young, creative, multilingual environment that lives the lifestyle and the spirit of the brand. The enthusiasm for sports and products connects us.
If you would like to be considered for this very special career opportunity, kindly send a short motivation letter going with your cv explaining why you would be the right candidate for this opportunity.
The cv needs to be submitted in English. Please kindly understand that we will only answer to applications that fulfill the job requirements.
Place of work: