Description de l'entreprise
GUESS was established in 1981 by the Marciano brothers, who left the south of France in pursuit of the American dream. Inspired by a European influence, the Marciano's redefined denim. One of their initial designs was a stonewashed, slim-fitting jean, the 3-zip Marilyn. Bloomingdale's was the first department store to welcome the brand by ordering two dozen pairs of jeans. They disappeared from the shelves in just hours. This was the beginning of a long success story.
GUESS became a symbol of a young, sexy and adventurous lifestyle. Throughout the decades GUESS invited people to dream with its iconic and timeless advertising campaigns and turned unknown faces into famous models.
Today GUESS is a global lifestyle brand with a full range of apparel and accessories in over 80 countries.
The continued dedication and commitment of our employees is the driving force of GUESS. Our talented professionals focus on leading the company with their vision of success. Join the team at GUESS Europe and bring your vision to life.
Description du poste
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting directly to the Director of Jewellery, the Jewellery Designer will support the developing of all design activities for Guess Jewellery Collections.
Responsible for assisting the product development team with conceptual development as well as creating illustrated and technical designs as required. Take part of a dynamic and creative environment, working closely with product development team, sales and marketing and ensuring revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop new jewellery products/ concepts consistent with company strategy considering trend research and internal collection analysis
• Execute designs that meet business goals and objectives
• Create designs through sketching/ rendering, developing technical drawings and assembled samples as needed to meet business objectives of Guess
• Ensure that all design deadlines are met as needed based on the calendar
• Work with product development team – Provide detailed specific information of materials as needed for product managers and factories
• Ensure that the proper interpretation of designs is executed into actual samples
• Maintain records and specifications for all designs – update collection information documents as a communication tool for product development team
• Develop jewellery lines from sketch proposal to rendering – work out technical designs including technical specifications
• Review calendar and make sure deadlines are respected, reminding involved parties
• Daily exchange about the collection development status with product development team
• Receive and follow up information about quality issues for existing products to constantly improve design standards
• Resume trend researches and store checks in an internal library. Update design library constantly
• Travel domestically and internationally as needed
• Previous experience (at least 2 or 3 years) in the same role and field (Jewellery Design)
• Highly creative with a clear understanding of the Guess Brand DNA
• Ability to draw both technical drawings and free form renderings/sketches
• Good knowledge of computer skills: Office, Outlook, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are mandatory; extensive computer experience in any other graphic program (such as Rhino Gold, Keyshot) will be a plus
• Detail oriented/innovative traits are necessary with strong attention to authentic details
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with adherence to deadlines and design calendar
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Fluent English